Uninstalling a program from Windows is easy, but antivirus programs require more attention. The Windows uninstaller basically gets rid of the files only, a lot of registry and user backup are usually left behind. For regular programs, these leftovers wouldn’t probably cause any issue. However, for Antivirus programs these files could cause conflict with other antivirus or security programs you might install in future, or even with Windows Defender at times. The best practice is to get rid of these files using an authorized uninstaller; in case you are using Bitdefender Antivirus, it is recommended that you use the Bitdefender Uninstaller to clean the program completely from a computer.
Bitdefender Uninstall Tool
Bitdefender Uninstall Tool allows a computer user to completely uninstall Bitdefender security program off a computer, and leave no traces behind. Basically every Bitdefender program file along with the user files are deleted, however few of the user’s personal settings might be left behind for future convenience. The registry issues are reversed so that the operating system knows there’s no Bitdefender installations are existent on a computer now. Using the Bitdefender uninstall tool, users can look for registry entries and system files connected with Bitdefender Security; just in case you want to be sure.
How to Uninstall Bitdefender Completely
In order to uninstall Bitdefender antivirus from a computer system completely, following steps should be taken.
Since there are still some Windows XP supported versions of Bitdefender in the market, we thought we’d be focusing on uninstallation of these versions.
- Open Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel. Find Bitdefender installation from the list and click on Remove.
- Select ‘I want to permanently remove it’ to erase everything of Bitdefender from your computer. Click Next.
- Wait till the system restarts your computer.
- Control Panel is located inside Programs and Features on Windows 7 and Vista. Navigate to Control Panel and double click on it.
- Select your Bitdefender security program, and click on Remove.
- Select ‘I want to permanently remove it’ to uninstall everything from your computer.
- Click on Next, and wait till the computer reboots.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Control Panel button is located inside the Start Screen. However, typing Control Panel in the search bar will bring up the icon as well.
- Select your Bitdefender installation and click on Remove.
- The computer will go through the uninstallation process, wait till it finishes.
- When the system prompts for a restart, accept and let the PC reboot.
Bitdefender Uninstall Tool
The Bitdefender Uninstall tool makes the entire process much easier. There’s a dedicated webpage on Bitdefender’s website to provide the uninstaller for every generation of product out there. Download the exact version that matches with the version of your Antivirus product, any mismatch will not help carrying out an uninstallation perfectly.
Once downloaded, install the product and click on Uninstall button from inside the interface. The tool automatically scans a computer for Bitdefender installations and remove any program that are found. The process could take up to 10 minutes, depending on the computer speed.
Bitdefender Uninstaller is very useful for the Bitdefender security program users. Before download, the website might ask to fill up a feedback form regarding the uninstallation. Providing them with the data could improve the user experience in upcoming versions.